An important envelope came in the mail yesterday. How did I know it was important? In dashing print on the outside were these words: “Enclosed: An Important Message from Betty White.”
I love Betty White. From her days as the sweetly poisonous Sue Ann on the Mary Tyler Moore show to the naively rambling Rose in The Golden Girls to Hot in Cleveland, that show she’s in now with other great actresses that I’d love to invest time in but never can, it’s been wonderful to be witness to such talent.
And now she’s lending her voice and efforts to The Wilderness Society.
“In my heart I’ve been a forest ranger all my life,” she says, “but now I’m official.”
If you think “this land is our land” still rings true, take a look at a few stats:
- 21 conservation bills died in Congress last year.
- 5,000 acres of open space are disappearing every day.
- Four million acres of wild lands are at stake.
This isn’t the kind of thing that just gets better on its own. Don’t let Betty White go it alone. Join the people who’ve saved nearly 110 million acres of wilderness already!
- Keep it Wild With Betty White! (pledge page)
- Open Season on Open Spaces: The biggest attack in history?
- Join Dave Matthews in Protecting Wilderness
- Stop Congress from Rolling Back Protection for Millions of Acres of Wilderness (pledge page)